CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

The Slot Machine


What relationship we find ourselves getting into do we not consider a gamble at times? And how many times do we invest into them to have them blow up in our faces? This goes to all types, not just the romantics. I'm talking about sibling relationships, parental, friendships, all types.
I just had a friend move back to California without even warning me or saying goodbye. I have friends who drop off the radar for weeks at a time, others who drop off permanently. Siblings who don't even feel like siblings any longer. Parents who seem like distant beings. And girlfriends who will never quite make sense to you.
I finally just had to draw something.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I cleaned my savings out on the last romantic investment! As for platonic, I've become selective after years of experience: if I put in a dollar and nothing is returned, I walk away. If I put in a dollar and a few coins come back, I'll put them right back in. Unless I have to pee, or eat or just take a walk. But I'll come back in due time. I'll do this exchange without expecting to hit a jack pot. The continuous reciprication is all I need. Family...I think I'll always end up in the hole due to an over drawn account. But I keep on spending.