CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Costume Kids

I find from time to time a moment to sketch at my PCS job. I had been talking with my mother previously about how I thought it'd be fun to draw some bugs (like my ants in the drawing I did for Willard). I watched a potato bug crawl across my desk at the bank one day, which triggered the idea of bug sketches. I think bugs are cool. What boy doesn't? But as I was drawing it, I thought, what about a boy wearing a bug costume? This then spurred into many costumes. I had written on a business card: "Funny picture - boy in gator suit holding death ray gun". You know the best part of doodling? Making yourself laugh with glee as you watch small creations come to life.

5 comments:

Erica Eley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica Eley said...

WICKED drawings!
What a fantastic idea. I love bugs, too! Thank you, Arkansas!
I had a student in my class, Robert, back when I worked at the JCC. He was probably the world's biggest bug fanatic, for a 3 year-old. He even knew all the technical names to bug's parts. He corrected my calling a bug's pinchers to, "No, Ewica, they are called mandibles." And he told me that ladybugs are cannibals, (creepy, huh)? He was a genius. It was kind of disturbing that he had so much knowledge about bugs. I remember he got totally offended at me when a cicada (ya know, those flying, giant beetles), flew into my hair when we were on the playground. I screamed and waved at it, and said something like, "EW! I hate those bugs!" Robert scowled at me for like 10 minutes after that and had to remind me over and over not to say mean things about them. I was like, "Ok, Robert! Geez! I love cicadas, really, I do..." Lol I'll have to send you some pictures of him.

Erica Eley said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for new ideas for Halloween costumes. I'm totally going to freak all the kids out with my fish head now.

Amy said...

You still make me laugh.

l.g. mcfifi said...

You inspire me to think creative thoughts and let my mind wonder- silly Low Gain!