CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Part 2: Mission in Progress



Good morning, everyone. Production is going great. I'm really having a fun time now with the coloring process. I finished all the drawings last week, and am already 15 drawings in on coloring. This is one of the finals. This kid rocks. I'm setting myself some due dates.

The way I see it, I have until the end of the week to get all of them colored. And then the most daunting task will be editing them to the voices. But all in all, I plan on being completely finished by the 7th of march. Hopefully, things won't have any obstacles, and I can get it finished before even then. But that's the latest I'm willing to go. So wish me luck, and keep testing that patience!

2 comments:

Wendy Marie said...

Hey Brother! Your blog is AWESOME! Some of your postings and drawings have really made me laugh. Especially the ones about our childhood. I just had a thought...do you remember when we use to make "potions" with mom's food coloring and then go pour it on things such as plants outside? And then we'd say some magic words and imagine something spectacular would happen. Man! We were so awesome!

Wendy Marie said...

Surprise! This is yo' mama and I've just spent a fun hour or so--interspersed with Lilly duty-- with reading your blog. Wendy was just showing me how fun they can be when she remembered you had one so we took turns looking, laughing, and reading them aloud. Talk about inspiration! The time is right for phase two in my own life, and so keep your eyes peeled for entries from Berries for Breakfast!! She wants to have one too (Wendy's Whimseys), and we're going to encourage all the siblings to get in on the fun; dad too if I can convince him. It really does seem to fit the bill for the type of communication the fam needs right now, but yours is definately the most unique. I am so proud of, and amazed by your work; so different from your past styles, from Chris Crazy to the Medieval Warrior. Had I not seen it here, I certainly would not have attributed it to you. Variety, the spice of life, as they say. Well, I've got supper to fix and some relaxing to do. I'm here to help, of course, but will treat the time between now and Friday (when I leave) as a mini-vacation. Trust me, I need it! I hope to be able to see you. I've got some writings by E.B.White I want you to see. Move over Charles Dickens and C.S.Lewis! You've got company! He is my newest love and I really would like your opinion on his work. By the way, if you ever go to Barnes and Noble, check out Don Marquis (one of his contemporaries); specifically, a clever ploy involving a cockroach named Archy and a cat called Mehitabel. The bug types the articles by hurling himself at the keys; the cat is a cynical sidekick. It's illustrated, which, given your penchant for sketches and cartooning, I thought bore looking into. Okay, enough said. Keep going, boy! I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Love, Mom